What is the Indica Strain?
Indica plants tend to grow bushier than their counterparts and have wider leaves in comparison. This cannabis strain grows quicker and darker in color and tends to yield more buds per plant than Sativa. It’s known for having a higher CBD count and lower THC count, which contributes to its relaxing qualities.
Classified as a subspecies of Sativa, Indica strains are thought to originate somewhere in the Hindu Kush mountains. It’s less psychoactive than Sativa, which gives fewer “high” effects. However, the high CBD count helps with promoting relaxation.
Using Indica for Medical Uses
Smokers interested in a “nighttime” high will enjoy the effects of the Indica plant. Each strain can help treat specific symptoms while helping to stimulate your brain for better sleep. Here’s how this cannabis strain continues to marvel smokers.
- Mental Relaxation – CBD helps to alleviate anxiety and provides a feeling of “relaxation” to your body.
- Increases Appetite – CBD helps to promote fast acting insulin and boosts your metabolism to help you eat and lose weight.
- Dopamine Booster – This neurotransmitter helps stimulate pleasure centers in your brain.
- Alleviate Nausea – Help alleviate nausea by dulling pain sensors, which also helps with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
- Muscle Relaxer – CBD decreases the number of muscle spasms by relaxing muscles.
- Decreased Acute and Chronic Pain – This cannabis strain helps to promote a healthier lifestyle and decreases overall pain.
- Nighttime Use – Causes drowsiness and helps treat insomnia.
Smokers looking for a quality smoke that will help relax them should invest in an Indica cannabis strain. This high CBD, low THC strain comes in a wide variety, so there is one perfectly suited to your taste.
What is a Hybrid Strain?
Hybrid cannabis strains mix both Sativa and Indica properties to create a new plant. Each hybrid strain has various levels of THC and CBD, which helps to personalize the treatment for any smoker.
Smokers looking to personalize their smoke should investigate each type of hybrid strain. Most experts help you identify a strain (or several) tailored specifically to ailments and needs. Experienced smokers prefer hybrid strains since they blend both the benefits of Sativa with Indica.
Personalize Your Smoke Experience with the Perfect Strain
Choosing between Sativa, Indica or a hybrid can seem daunting with over 100 strains available on the market. However, you can help narrow down your selection using our cannabis strains guide. While daytime smokers prefer Sativa or hybrid while nighttime smokers prefer Indica or hybrid strains, your experience could be different.
Trying each strain usually helps with deciding which works best. Most smokers know immediately when they’ve found a strain worth reordering, so it may take a few batches to get it right. Talk with an expert if you’re unsure about any hybrid strain and its effects to avoid wasting money on a product you won’t use.